The following resources are some basic tools to check the vitality of your website and search engine ranking performance:
- Website Hygiene Checklist
- Blog: Learning the SEO Basics
- For a general review of your website, check out Siteliner. This site will review your site’s pages, evaluate the amount of duplicate content, identify skipped pages and related domains, and check for broken links.
- Use this google resource to measure page speed for your website for both desktop and mobile
- Find out if your website is responsive aka ‘mobile-friendly’
- Checkout your website history: Not sure when your site was last re-designed? Head to the Wayback machine to take a look at your websites history through the years (warning, there’s no accounting for taste in the past!)
- Check broken links: Broken links are bad, and there is a strong chance you have one or two on your site and not know it. These two sites are good places to start checking:
- New to SEO and looking to learn the basics? This guide from Moz is the gold standard and has an incredible library of resources for marketers looking to dive into SEO.